Sunday, December 2, 2007

Into The Wild (Happiness)

I just went to the movies with some awesome people and saw a true story retold in a beautiful way. A man on a journey and looking for something better or more meaningful in life. The man's name was Christopher. Chris lets go of everything that was tieing him down and walks away. On his way to his destination, Alaska, he meets helpful and loving people. Chris is tested and pushed to the limit. He finally gets to where he wants to but then realizes that it was not what he wanted at all. He was on a search for true happiness but the problem was he was on this journey alone. The man writes that "HAPPINESS IS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED"

As I watched this movie I thought about how amazing it would be to experience all of these adventures, but he is right; happiness must be shared. That is why God created Adam and Eve and not just Adam or just Eve. Companionship was around since the beginning and I think that it was for a reason: Happiness. When you see something inspiring or when you learn something new you want to share it with someone. Being lonely is a fear that many people share, including myself. Being able to go through good and bad times with someone is a whole lot better than doing it alone. Sharing love, peace and hope with other people is a blessing and we must be thankful for companionship.

It is important to breath fresh air and feel the crisp breeze of the outdoors. Climbing mountains and crossing rivers. Fighting for your life....but I think it is more fulfilling to fight for someone else's life. Climb mountains and cross rivers with someone you care about and love. Live your life with the people you love, and not running away from them. "Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past."


"When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shines upon you. "

Peace&Love=Lizzy

http://www.intothewild.com/ Movie Website :) check it out

9 comments:

Catherine said...

What's the name of the movie? You didn't say.....

Sounds like it is really inspirational, though!

Elizabeth said...

Into the Wild

yourillusion said...

Wow, you are so insightful! I want to see that movie now. hehe.

What you wrote is exactly why I am moving back to New England to be near my family and getting off of working 2nd shift. This being alone all the time stuff isn't the way humans were built to live! :)

Lizzy said...

Awww I'm glad you are moving back to be near your family :) That's is what keeps us humans going. The love and company of others. Loneliness is not happiness and so we must remember that as we go through our lives and grow up and want to move away.

I once ran away from home when I was little, just like many other frustrated children. I reached our mailbox and realized how far I had made it without anyone (our driveway is verrry long)! I then realized I had noone to share this joy with, I immediately ran back to my home and family. We are designed to live and be together. Without this interaction we tend to 'go crazy' for lack of a better term.

~ thanks for posting~ and you should go see the movie Into the Wild it is very inspiring and well done.

Megan said...

Lizzy! This movie was amazing wasn't it?! Very inspirational!! It was great at that one moment, after it all when he wrote that happiness is better when shared! That is so true. It is good to have alone time and to be able to be happy with yourself alone, but companionship, to feel like your not alone is needed! We need to know that we are all in this thing we call Life together. We are all connected to eachother in so many ways, we are connected to the wild too. We all just want to be happy right? And truth is we are all going through things, good and bad.. why not share them, to help others through that time and let others help you feels nice.

Great quotes at the end! It is true! Some people don't believe they deserve love... I say we should try to see the great things people do for one another, LET THE LOVE SHINE AND FORGIVE!! Don't hate, hate is easy, LOVE TAKES COURAGE!!! Let somebody love you and love them back!! Get connected to nature too! Go hiking with someone!! Riiiight onnn! :)

Gianfranco Chicco said...

the film is very interesting.... I just came back from the movies, and still have a mixed feeling about it... should sleep over it...

jah's jaw said...

Thanks for your blog entry. I just finished writing my post and will most likely post it tomorrow. This movie really spoke to me as I have also been on an adventure that had me traveling worldwide for almost a year now and I can relate with Christopher on several levels. I am seeking to also avoid a life of materialism but I want so badly to love people and engage in relationships. Your take home point of happiness must be shared was one of mine as well, thanks for your insights. If you wish, you can read my post (that will be up soon) at www.jahjaw.blogspot.com - I'd like your feedback as well.

Heapbasket said...

I totally agree with your post. Into the Wild happens to be my favorite movie and has taught me a lot about life. His story really inspires me and hopefully I'll meet him in the next life time.

freedomlover said...

i like this movie....its inspires me
cz somethimes i think that i want to be alone....